Wednesday, February 25, 2009

25 Random Things

I have seen this list repeatedly on Facebook and it took me awhile to sit down and write my own "25 Random Things" list. I was both intrigued and repulsed by the list at first. Intrigued because it is really interesting to learn new things about people and repulsed because I feel like I have enough "time suckers" in my life right now that it was not easy to justify taking time for this sort-of inane activity, too. But, it turned out to be a fantastic trip down memory lane and I was pleasantly reminded of how far I have come and who has been along with me for the ride. Because I hope my kids will one day read my blog I am including my list of 25 Random Things here so they too can learn a thing or two about their mom.
  1. I met my husband playing darts

  2. I am the mother of two boys

  3. My husband is my biggest supporter in every area of my life

  4. I have no desire to ever go to Africa. Nothing good ever comes from going to Africa.

  5. I have walked in the 60-mile Breast Cancer 3-day twice

  6. I have the same best friends since 7th grade

  7. I hate curry

  8. The most reliable car I have ever owned was my 1987 Chevette

  9. I worked in a pub in London, England after graduating from college

  10. I backpacked around Europe for six weeks by myself

  11. I love to eat sardines with ring bologna

  12. My favorite place in the whole world is Cape May, NJ

  13. I was hit by a car and broke my leg when I was 5-years-old

  14. I have Tony Orlando and Dawn on my iPod playlist

  15. My favorite book is The Alchemist by Paul Coelho

  16. I was born on Thanksgiving

  17. My husband and I have season tickets to the Fisher Theater in Detroit

  18. I play Bunco with my neighbors once a month

  19. My kids' and my favorite activity is riding the Model T cars at Greenfield Village in Dearborn

  20. We have a miniature Dachshund named Lucy

  21. My kids and I belly-laugh watching Tom and Jerry cartoons

  22. I have never played a musical instrument

  23. My favorite beer is Sam Adams

  24. I love to play board games (...Balderdash anyone?)

  25. I live a remarkably fulfilling life

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Kim,

I found you via LinkedIn.

I was fooling around and Googled my name - and got you...my name is also Kim Murray :) and I too am a tech writer. I thought that was very cool.

Just thought I would say Hi :)

Anonymous said...

Kim- I LOVE Balderdash...quite possibly one of my favorite games ever! :)
~Lisa Armitage

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template Designed by Rajnish and Powered by Blogger