Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thanks Dad

Today was a very special Fathers Day.

I flew down to Florida to be with my dad this weekend and to hand-deliver a copy of the book Chicken Soup for the Soul: Thanks Dad because a story I wrote about him was published in that book.  This story was special for two reasons.  1) It's about the greatest dad on the planet and 2) It was my very first published piece of writing.

My story, The Constant, is about how my relationship with my dad has defined my life. My dad has been my best role model, friend and ally.  For those of you who know my dad you will recognize the man I have always admired in the story.  For those of you who don't know my dad, my story provides a glimpse into the heart of a man who has always been the greatest dad a girl could ask for.

Thanks Dad for helping me realize my dream of being a published author.  I couldn't have done it without you!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Congrats Kim...I hope today was all you hoped it would be!

Mommy on the Spot said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!

Tracy said...

My dad played a huge roll in my life as well. Congrats on getting published I am sure he is proud of you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template Designed by Rajnish and Powered by Blogger