Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Summer, Why Do You Have to Be So Short?

We've had a busy summer.  I can't believe it's the middle of August and we only have a few days left until school starts.  Wow.

Our carefree days at the beach are winding down and I had to take my kids school clothes shopping.  I need to start thinking about pencils and backpacks and glue sticks.  I can't believe I'm making phone calls already to plan events for the school's welcome back picnic.   How did summer pass us by so fast?

I have so enjoyed having Nicholas home this summer and spending time with my boys at Greenfield Village, the playgrounds and biking around town.  We are out and about most days just finding fun things to do. I know a lot of people like to hang out around home without a schedule, but with two rambunctious, energetic boys, I find it's easier to get out for at least a few hours each day.

I have to admit, though, that my job as entertainment coordinator, picnic packer, band aid supplier, laser-gun finder, sand vacuumer, dirt and grime washer, writing journal prompter, library-book gatherer, bike chain fixer, baseball catcher, and fight breaker-upper (among other things...what have I forgotten?) has taken its toll.  I think summer is so short so we don't take it for granted.

If summer were much longer I might not have as much fun.  I'm exhausted!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template Designed by Rajnish and Powered by Blogger