Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Thanks For Reading But I'm All Done

I've so enjoyed writing in my little blog over the past few years. I have a plethora of stories about my kids and family that we will no doubt enjoy reading for years to come. I laugh when I think back to our trip to Greenfield Village when Nicholas learned a powerful lesson about boasting. I vividly remember little Christopher's 3-year-old oath. He was such a funny little boy. Update: he's an even funnier 9-year-old. I am reminded of our limitless capabilities when I reread A Boy and His Shovel.

But, our lives have changed in drastic ways. My kids and I are still reeling from my husband's death. It's a tough road and we are navigating new and unexpected territory daily, but we are navigating nonetheless. We keep moving forward even though some days we don't know how we managed to move at all.

I like to think of this blog as my Pre-Widow days. Days when I was a stay-at-home mom, wife and Camp Mom organizer. I will treasure those days, and every single one of these stories, forever.  Now I'm forging a new path in my Post-Widow days. I'm a working mom. I'm no longer a wife. And our summer schedule is haphazard at best.

My boys and I are doing OK. Really, we are. But I've neglected this blog long enough over the past year to know when it's time to call it quits. I've enjoyed writing and I hope you've enjoyed reading, but it's time for me to move on to new endeavors.

Thanks for spending your time with me.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog was very entertaining and I myself being a widow totally understand. Life is not over it is just different. Continue on

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template Designed by Rajnish and Powered by Blogger